Mills Suggestions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mills Suggestions

Where its more than just a forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STAYING ACTIVE IN WINTER WEATHER

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whitsonschool
Admin

Number of posts : 88
Warning Points :
STAYING ACTIVE IN WINTER WEATHER Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100STAYING ACTIVE IN WINTER WEATHER Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-20

STAYING ACTIVE IN WINTER WEATHER Empty
PostSubject: STAYING ACTIVE IN WINTER WEATHER   STAYING ACTIVE IN WINTER WEATHER I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:34 am

By Audrey Smythe-Wei
Editor-in-Chief

Thursday, February 19, 2009 — As the cold weather covers Millsberry, many are wondering how to maintain the same level of physical activity they enjoyed during the warmer months.

Luckily, Coach Danner was kind enough to sit down for an interview to shed some light on getting the most out of winter weather activity.

Audrey Smythe-Wei: So Coach, I know you're all about exercise. What sort of things do you do during the winter to stay active?

Coach Danner: When I was younger, I was never a fan of being stuck indoors during the winter, so I always tried to find different ways to get outside. Going sledding with friends was a favorite of mine. It was a sure-fire workout: Running back up the hill after every ride really wore me out. And my friends always made me carry the sled, so I ended up doing double the exercise!

Audrey Smythe-Wei: I always enjoyed sledding, too. What other kinds of outdoor activities did you take up?

Coach Danner: There was also the occasional snowball fight—and being Quarterback for the football team, my throwing arm always came in handy.

Audrey Smythe-Wei: [Laughing] I'm sure it did!

Coach Danner: We actually had fun playing touch-football in the snow, too. It's an interesting twist on the game. A little more challenging, but that's the fun part.

Audrey Smythe-Wei: It seems like playing in the snow would be a challenge.

Coach Danner: I was also an expert at building snowmen. I made quite a few in my day. Sometimes we'd branch out into snow sculptures. Once, we made a replica of Mt. Rushmore! And there are a lot of ways to get exercise indoors, too—especially if the weather isn't cooperating.

Audrey Smythe-Wei: That's true. It's an option that's easy to overlook. What sort of things did you have in mind?

Coach Danner: You can always head to the gym to shoot some hoops. I was working on my three-pointer just the other day. Volleyball and indoor soccer are also great ways to get a workout. And, if your friends are busy, you can always break a sweat the old-fashioned way, with a simple exercise routine.

Audrey Smythe-Wei: Thanks for the pointers, Coach! I think I may actually try a few of these out on my way back to the Gazette Building
Back to top Go down
http://millssuggestions.niceboard.net

STAYING ACTIVE IN WINTER WEATHER Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAYING ACTIVE IN WINTER WEATHER   STAYING ACTIVE IN WINTER WEATHER I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:56 am

I hate the winter! Mad
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mills Suggestions :: General Millsberry Info. :: Millsberry Gazettes-
Jump to: